How you can refer to the specialist palliative care services in the Grampians region:
- Referral can be made by patients’ doctors (GPs) or other health professionals.
- GPs and health professionals making a referral can locate each specialist palliative care services via the Grampians Quick Reference Tool, complete the online referral form, or download the printable referral form and fax to the specialist service.
- Referral may also be made through Connecting Care, a comprehensive web-based directory providing secure messaging and e-referral.
- Patients may self-refer, or family, carers or clergy may also make a referral, using either the online referral form or the printable referral form.
- Patients, or their medical treatment decision maker, must provide consent to being referred to palliative care.