Education and Training:-
All current education for the Grampians region is conducted by the Grampians Regional Palliative Care Team. An education calendar can be accessed via the following link:
Grampians Region Training Plan 2020.
(Face to face regional training currently on hold due to COVID-19)
Online Training & Webinars currently available:
Centre for Palliative Care – 19th May 2020 4.30pm – 5.30pm AEST Hot Topic Webinar – Planning for the COVID-19 Pandemic: are there challenges in learning from the past to inform our current practices/perspectives from ICU and Palliative Care.
Palliative Care eLearning – These modules which cover a multitude of topics were created by CareSearch and have been appraised for the quality of their content, and their relevance for palliative care.
COVID-19 Online Learning - an extension of the above CareSearch eLearning modules relating specifically to COVID-19
Caring@home packages - The two online modules are aimed at educating registered nurses about the caring@home resources and how they can be used to teach carers to help manage breakthrough symptoms safely using subcutaneous medicines.
Advance Care Planning Australia - Designed for health professionals, healthcare workers, education providers and the general public, these educational programs range from an introduction to advance care planning to more specialised courses for professionals.
End of Life Directions for Aged Care – Educational Videos
Residential Aged Care & Home Care Toolkits:
- Module 1: Recognise End of Life
- Module 2: Assess Palliative Care Needs
- Module 3: Work Together
- Module 4: Manage Dying
- Module 5: Organisational Support
Talking End of Life …..with people with intellectual disability – this is an online toolkit with training modules for disability support workers, families, carers, health professionals and educators. The 12 modules are designed around a three topics:
- How do I do this? Any or all of these 5 modules will help if you’re unsure about your role, how to teach about the end of life, or how to manage cultural beliefs or feelings.
- Teaching how to understand end of life: Any or all of these 3 modules will help you to teach about dying, death, and loss, grief and mourning.
- Teaching the planning options: Any or all of these 4 modules will help if you want to teach about how to plan for dying and death.
For any further enquiries contact the consortium by emailing Christine at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0428 737 330