The Grampians Region Palliative Care Consortium, engaged the services of Uniting Ballarat who provided a project worker to develop a sustainable model that would build capacity of disability residential services staff in the Grampians region, in order to provide a Palliative Approach to residents in their care. Broad aims of the project were:
- Building skills and confidence of disability staff to provide a palliative approach as part of their everyday work
- Developing consistency of palliative care in disability residential services
- Encouraging disability residential services to implement advance care planning and end of life care for residents in their care.
- People living in disability residential services are supported to be cared for and die in their place of choice.
- Disability End-of-Life Care Plan
- Partnership Agreement – between Disability Residential Service Provider and Specialist Palliative Care Service
- End-of-Life Policy and Procedure Template
More information for Disability Residential Services staff see also:
Easy English Resources - This series of downloadable resources includes images to help the reader. Originally developed for people with an intellectual disability they are suitable for anyone seeking easy-to-understand information.
Talking End of Life …..with people with intellectual disability – this is an online toolkit with training modules for disability support workers, families, carers, health professionals and educators.