Motor Neurone Disease Shared Care Worker
The Motor Neurone Disease Shared Care Worker is a health professional with advanced knowledge of Motor Neurone Disease and palliative care.
The MND Shared Care Worker actively supports health professionals who are caring for people living with Motor Neurone Disease and their families.
The role includes:
- Supportive care to clients and carers
- Support to other palliative care workers and community providers when caring for a client with MND
- Promoting the need for early referral to palliative care
- Assisting in the delivery of comprehensive education and coordinated care to clients with MND
- Actively providing education to any health professionals/carers and clients with MND about the disease and the services offered
- Informing and encouraging applications for top up funding, either community or inpatient.
Glenda Marsden, MND Shared Care Worker, is the Supportive Care Coordinator with Ballarat Hospice Care Inc. and is committed to supporting clients with MND, their families and carers across the Grampians region.
Glenda is able to respond to enquiries Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 9am – 5.00pm.
Mobile: 0408 258 603
Phone: 5333 1118
Fax: 5333 1119
Referrals for assistance can be made using the ‘Notification of admission to palliative care service of patient with MND’ form.