Motor Neurone Disease Shared Care Support Worker
The Motor Neurone Disease Shared Care Support Worker is a health professional with advanced knowledge of Motor Neurone Disease and palliative care.
The MND Shared Care Support Worker actively supports health professionals and support staff (medical/nursing, allied health, personal carers, case managers etc.) and people living with Motor Neurone Disease and their families.
The role includes:
- Direct care to clients
- Support to other palliative care workers and community providers when caring for a client with MND
- Promoting the need for early referral to palliative care
- Assisting in the delivery of comprehensive education and coordinated care to people with MND
- Actively providing education to any health professionals/carers and people with MND about the disease and the services offered
- Informing and encouraging applications for top up funding, either community or inpatient.
Mel Mattinson, MND Shared Care Support Worker, is an Educator and Palliative Care Nurse Specialist with Ballarat Hospice Care Inc. and is committed to supporting clients with MND, their families and carers across the Grampians region.
Mel is able to respond to enquiries Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
9am – 5.30pm..
Phone: 5333 1118
Fax: 5333 1119
Referrals for assistance can be made using the ‘Notification of admission to palliative care service of patient with MND’ form.