Welcome to the health care professionals’ pages of Grampians Region Palliative Care Consortium. Some information on these pages takes you back to community information; other, more clinical information, is included on these pages.
Motor Neurone Disease Shared Care Support Worker
The Motor Neurone Disease Shared Care Support Worker is a health professional with advanced knowledge of Motor Neurone Disease and palliative care.
The MND Shared Care Support Worker actively supports health professionals and support staff (medical/nursing, allied health, personal carers, case managers etc.) and people living with Motor Neurone Disease and their families.
The role includes:
- Direct care to clients
- Support to other palliative care workers and community providers when caring for a client with MND
- Promoting the need for early referral to palliative care
- Assisting in the delivery of comprehensive education and coordinated care to people with MND
- Actively providing education to any health professionals/carers and people with MND about the disease and the services offered
- Informing and encouraging applications for top up funding, either community or inpatient.
Cate Manton, MND Shared Care Support Worker is a palliative care nurse located with the Grampians Regional Palliative Care Team, Ballarat Health Services and is committed to supporting people across the Grampians region.
Cate works one day per week in this role and can be contacted on Tuesdays from 8.00 am to 4.30 pm.
Mobile: 0419 530 212
Phone: 5320 6632
Referrals for assistance can be made using the ‘Notification of admission to palliative care service of patient with MND’ form.