Services providing community palliative care in the home in Grampians region have teams of trained volunteers who are able to help patients, families and carers; volunteer help may also be available during bereavement. For example, volunteers may be able to help with:
- Companionship for social contact or change of routine
- Day time respite to give families and carers a break
- Help in the home or garden
- Shopping errands and recreation outings
- Transport to appointments
- Visiting whilst families and carers have commitments, business or appointments away from home.
Patients, family and carers needing help, please contact your palliative care service.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer in palliative care, contact any palliative care service to find out how you could help.